You are invited to attend the:
Practice-Based Coaching Training Institute
Link is for non-member price. If you are a member of KHSA or an employee of a Kansas E/HS program, please call us for discount codes: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/practice-based-coaching-training-institute-tickets-41245615747
Two-day Coach Training
The Practice-Based Coaching Training Institute (PBCTI) is an intensive 2-day event intended for coaches. During the PBCTI, coaches will learn how to use Practice-Based Coaching to support staff’s use of high-quality teaching and home-visiting practices. The PBCTI will be provided by Region VII Early Childhood Specialists, Wynona Martin and Pam Kruger, and hosted by the Kansas Head Start Association.
January 25 & 26, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge, 10401 Cabela Drive, Kansas City, KS
Thursday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Objectives for the Practice-Based Coaching Training Institute are as follows:
Coaches will be able to:
- Identify the key components of PBC.
- Describe the characteristics of collaborative partnerships.
- Work with staff to create shared goals and develop action plans for achieving those goals.
- Conduct focused observations based on an action plan.
- Use reflection and feedback to support staff’s implementation of the identified goals.
- Meet the new Head Start Program Performance Standard for implementing a research-based, coordinated coaching strategy by a qualified coach.
Who Should Attend?
The PBCTI is designed for staff who provide coaching. These coaches may be supporting classroom teachers, home visitors, family child care providers, or others who work directly with children or families.
*A conference rate for sleeping rooms is available at the Great Wolf Lodge. Details about the conference rate will be sent with confirmation e-mails. Conference rate reservation deadline is January 12, 2018.
**Lunch on Day 1 of training is sponsored by Constructive Playthings, Sandy Patchen